Tuesday 22 May 2012

Beauty Review: May 2012: Glymm Box

I'm sure a lot of you have already seen the May Glymm Box reveal over youtube and various blogs. So, I am just going to show you what I got. This is my first Glymm box, this is their 'going green' edition, instead of a glossy pink box, it came in a pink makeup bag. I'm hoping this is only for 1 month, as I would not know what to do with multiple makeup bags.

Coola spf 30 Cucumber mineral face sunblock matte finish, hypoallergenic, paraben free (which I like), perfect primer. I definitely need primer for my oily skin, as my makeup tends to slide off my face if I don't use it. Just by reading the description of this product it sounds like a BB Cream. I will have to test it out and let you guys know if I like it. I wish the sample was a little bit bigger so that I could at least get 7-10 days worth of product, that way I could truly see how my problematic skin reacts to it.

I'm very excited about these 3 Caudalie samples that I received this month. I've heard nothing but great reviews on all their products. But most of the great reviews were from gurus with dry and/or normal skin. So I'm not quite sure how my skin will react to these two pyramid samples for sensitive and dehydrated skin. The rose pink pyramid contains Vinosource Moisturizing Sorbet for Sensitive Skin. The blush pink pyramid contains Vinosource SOS Thirst Quenching Serum for Dehydrated Skin. These are both rather small samples, may only be enough for 1-2 uses, we'll see if it is too oily for my skin or not.The third sample is almost half the size of the full size one. It is the Vinexpert Anti-Ageing Serum for Eyes and Lips. I'm not sure if I will use this for my lips, as I tend to breakout around my lips from my oily skin, not sure how my skin around my lips would react to this product either. I would definitely use this as an eye serum as I do have sensitive dry skin around my eyes, this would be a great way to test out this serum.

This product is a full size sample. I got a Cargo eyeshadow duo in Vienna. It has a beautiful glittery peach and deep plum colour. It is pigmented and the colour is buildable. Great for a daytime smoky eye. This duo retails for $25, which definitely pays for this month Glymm box.
ck one SHOCK for him & for her was received this month. I really like the women's scent. And Beau tried the men's version and he really likes it too. He has officially added this to his cologne collection :) Sorry Beau already took the sample out of the cardboard pamphlet, I couldn't find it anywhere. Hence, there is only a photo of the women's version.

Last but not least NuMe Hydro Punch Hydrating Conditioner, although my scalp gets oily quickly, my hair is still dry and damaged at the ends. This is from years of heat & chemical processing. I will write a review on this sample after a few tries.

Hope you all enjoyed reading my review on the May 2012 Glymm Box. Have a great week and happy reading :)